Solar Arcade 1br
Sol Viva inspired!
- Solar Arcade 1BR
- Model No.
- Solar Kit 02
Formerly the "Solar 1-1-1".
This is the original Macdonald Architecture Survival Consultants home plan, built as a demonstration in Orange, VA, USA. After being opened for house tours, it was rented as a sustainable energy independent home; no fossil fuel was used to heat and cool interiors.
The plan is especially suited to Sol Viva concepts as described by Anna Edy in "Sol Viva".
The greenhouse arcade can not only be used to trap solar wintertime energy for circulation throughout the dwelling, but may also be used to grow food and ornamental plants, or used as extra dining/living space.
Originally built as an earth sheltered home with rear and end retaining wall structure of reinforced concrete and masonry, the Solar Arcade 1BR has been redesigned as an am-cor Kit. am-cor's pre-engineered unified steel & cement prefabricated panelized Kits make construction fast and easy. The original size has been somewhat increased to enlarge laundry and to provide additional closet, bath, and kitchen space.
- am‑cor inc.
- Ferrocement building Kit
All Kits come standard with the following qualities:
- am‑cor Ferrocement unibody stress-skin technology
- Durability & Disaster Resistance
- All building components pre-engineered, prefabricated, and panelized for quick assembly
All Kits are prefabricated with industrial-grade materials:
All Kits include Professional services:
- On-site Field Representative Kit assembly tutorial & crew instruction
- Steel panel and frame design in coordination with architect or project engineer
- Sealed drawings of structural frame for building permit submission
- Coordination with local code authority to expedite approval
- Illustrated Field Manual detailing shell assembly
- See Kit Contents for details