Each am-cor Kit is composed of multiple panels. These prefabricated framing panels fit together quickly and easily, and include:
- Prefabricated galvanized steel Footer trays
- Exterior walls, foundation and above-grade
- Interior partitions & bearing partitions
- Roof framing (gable, hip, flat/low-slope, tension membrane, hyperbolic paraboloids)
- Arches & details
- Columns/posts, beams
- Opening headers
- Balconies, overhangs & cantilevers
- Railings, knee walls
- Verandas, patios, garden walls
- Stairs: treads, risers, stringers, etc.
Please note: Roofing, weathersealing, insulation, finishes, paints, etc. are sold separately.
Each Kit includes the following services:
- Collaboration with designer, architect, project engineer: Guidance and professional advice to adjust your plans to steel panel and framing design, if necessary
- Guaranteed to conform to building code: Standard details (e.g.: footer, wall, roof, sections), sealed drawings of structural foundation & framing for your building permit submission
- Coordination with local code authority: we help getting your permit, and can communicate with your building department to ensure approval
- Illustrated Field Manual: you get links to all our online documentation detailing Kit assembly, general directions, and best practices (also downloadable as pdf for offline viewing)
- Customized Project Manual: step-by-step instructions specific to your project, including dimensioned & detailed Foundation Diagrams, Wall/Roof/Floor/Stair diagrams, Insulation program, etc.
- Shipping setup: We provide a verified bill of lading & invoice and load the Kit for FOB shipment, and arrange with the shipper/freight provider (shipping cost paid by client)
- Visit to your site by a Field Representative to give a tutorial to you and your crew on panel assembly & amcorite Ferrocement application
In addition the Services above, each Kit includes:
- am-cor prefabricated structural framing panels (types listed above), made of:
- Light gauge, carbon steel, factory assembled panels
- Galvanized (rust-resistant), structural gauge min. strength: 30,000 psi.
- Pre-punched for (concealed aka in-wall) service runs
- All panels labeled & keyed to Field Manual
- amcorite™ structural Ferrocement gel
- Patented exterior coating formula
- Cement strengthener, reducer, reinforcer, and elasticizer
- Increases workability and strength of standard Portland cement
- Structural Fasteners
- Chromium plated (steel-to-steel, steel-to-wood, etc.)
- Pre-Formed Details
- Galvanized steel eave, soffit, and rake members
- Equipment Kit (for DIYers), with example tools you'll need to assemble the Kit, such as:
- Battery-operated power screw guns
- Levels, squares, stringlines, etc.
- Gloves & goggles
- Trowels & mixing basins
- Snips & grinders