am-cor Environmental Communities
am-cor Environmental Communities contain the social, architectural, economic, and technological elements for sustainable development.
The first am-cor Environmental Community, located in Lake County, FL, will be a model for future projects nationwide.
- Mixed-Use: Sustainably yet practically organized commercial, residential, retail & industrial
- Commercial & retail use: social activities, restaurants, retail, professional offices both for employment and customers/ clients
- Integrated residential use: affordable housing, above covered parking, with tremendous panoramic views from the upper level, including accessible units
- Creation of a mini-town center, with pedestrian courtyards, balcony condos, green roof gardens etc.
- Manufacturing use: permanent local employment in each Environmental Community!
- Green sustainable architecture
- Zero-energy buildings: buildings create their own electricity using wind/solar power, provide their own air conditioning)
- Low carbon footprint construction: am-cor construction saves 80% of Carbon Dioxide emission compared with standard reinforced concrete & masonry construction & maintenance
- Energy conservation: am-cor advanced superinsulation methods
- Low life-cycle cost: extreme durability of Ferrocement construction coated with ceramcorite geopolymer ceramic-cement)
- Green & sustainable planning principles
- Planning integrated with existing land contours, features, flora & fauna
- Mixed-use allows integrated living (workers can afford the housing on site)
- Mixed-use promotes health & sustainability: walking and less driving
- Sustainable By Design
- Affordable, beautiful architectural style for all uses: residential, commercial, and industrial
- Residential, commercial, community & recreational facilities promote social interaction through courtyard design concepts.
- Effective use of solar energy: provides power for living, maintenance, manufacturing
- LEED-platinum design
- Demonstrates effective (lower cost) alternative to manufacturing based on fossil fuel consumption.
- Off-The-Grid Integrated Sustainability:
- Renewable energies power the entire community
- On-site & rooftop gardens provide food, promote exercise and well-being
- Water catchment and site-integreated Living Machine environmentally-friendly wastewater management
- Provides regional economic stimulation & self-sustaining local community economy
- Permanent employment at all skill levels: manufacturing, administrative, retail.
- The Environmental Community will be a model development, pushing beyond LEED standards for a truly sustainable economic ecosystem.
- Architecture & Site design by Macdonald Architecture & Technology.
- Ferrocement building structure by am-cor inc.
- Wastewater treatment technology & design by Worrell Water Technologies.
- Road treatment by Soil Science International.